Deeper Sand - if you are looking for more!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In Christ Alone: Noon

Seeking God's will, God's vision, God's voice
Being in His presence and humbly waiting
Trusting in His grace and provision

Psalm 139:9-10
New International Version (NIV)

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast

As we prayed together as a staff today my mind kept returning to the vision of roots. First of roots going deep, holding us steadfast in the storms of life, drawing deep from the well of God's grace and goodness and power. Then of the roots of our heritage - brought forth in a comment from a friend about her admiration of the "beautiful root system" of the Presbyterian church. And finally the roots I saw were a network, bringing to mind the connections of our faith, one believer to another.
Provision from Him, and through Him.
In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

No comments:

Post a Comment