Deeper Sand - if you are looking for more!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Unity, Wisdom, Vision: 8 AM

Jesus answered them, "Do you finally believe? In fact, you're about to make a run for it—saving your own skins and abandoning me. But I'm not abandoned. The Father is with me. I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."
John 16:31-33


At 8 AM the word I received was to lean into God, to trust Him to be big enough for anything our church will face. I realize I went to bed last night really distressed and mulling over all the "what ifs"...looking at solutions and game plans and feeling pretty hope-less. This is not ours to "fix" and it's certainly not time to throw up our hands in despair. While praying this morning it became clear to me that I/we need to dig into our reservoir of faith and truly trust God, that we need to wait on His timing, that we need to release our grip and allow Him to work through and in us in the days ahead. In this world we WILL have tribulation but He has overcome it all already. And I remembered a promise from months ago, a promise of a time of revival close at hand for our church. Why would I allow the doings of man to cause me to doubt a promise from God?

He has given me work to do and with eyes on Him I need to continue to serve and believe. As I closed my time of prayer a second scripture, Micah 6:8, came to mind.

He has shown all you people what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

You are Holy, Mighty, Faithful; you are love.

No comments:

Post a Comment