Deeper Sand - if you are looking for more!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Do Bee



Ah Romper Room...Do Bee...do.be.more

What does it mean for me to state the intention that I will "be more and do more" in Lent as a part of the sacrifice of "yes"?

The -be more- looks like time marked specifically for the practice of being. Small commitments of time on work days, large blocks set aside on non-ministry/work days, devoted to praying, reading, retreating from distractions, simply being. It looks like attention to being present throughout my waking hours in a place of gratitude and praise. It means lose hands on the reins. “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10)

The -do more- looks like adding (crazy I know) work and ministry hours to an already crowded schedule as an act of faith in God's provision. It looks like adding spiritual practices that are different - fasting from meat on Fridays, trimming internet time to a minimum, even adding the effort of writing these blog posts. It means being productive and active when I'd rather rest or hang out with God or my cyber friends. Just do it. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
(Philippians 4:13)

For today, Lord be with me and do through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment