Deeper Sand - if you are looking for more!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hupakouo.2


υπακουω

to listen, to harken
of one who on the knock at the door comes to listen who it is, (the duty of a porter)
to harken to a command
to obey, be obedient to, submit to

Fast forward one week from Ash Wednesday and I find my self content to be listening and waiting in a posture of willingness. I'm grateful for the storehouse of faith I have which makes it easy to trust God in spite of the obvious practical difficulties I face in giving up my easy routine. I know I can't wait much longer, for even the waiting can be disobedience. Hupakouo is a verb. It is a verb which refers to absolute and direct obedience.

How remarkable that I should turn over and over a simple moment of obedience, even as I am considering Christ's obedience during this season of repentance and reflection.

For today Lord, I want to be quiet and to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment