Deeper Sand - if you are looking for more!

Monday, March 28, 2011

I wish I'd just given up pistachios for Lent.

Or maybe chocolate or wine.


Right now I really don't want to move forward. I want to stand still or maybe retreat a bit...
Engaging, being present, doing more, moving toward conflict and things that are challenging, abstaining from self even a tiny bit - all feel like that first run after months of inactivity. And the second and third run. Pain and no gain. Not that I can begin to remember the soreness after a run...it's been that long.

In the midst of seeking to calmly expand my margins I do find a center of peace from which to trudge forward. Marathon thinking.

I'm grateful that I've learned to be content while not "getting" what it is that God is doing or where He's taking me....next step is to learn to be content and less cranky.

In China, the pistachio is known as the “happy nut” because they look like they’re smiling
(clearly having been up since 4 am I should not be posting such pithy stuff)

Moving forward. Slowly but surely.
In His Grip.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment