Deeper Sand - if you are looking for more!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Choices. Voices.

I guess I'm an adult. I don't feel like one most of the time but I have the power to make decisions for my life, and I guess that qualifies as being an adult. I don't have to go to school, or brush my teeth, or eat stuff I don't like. I have choices and the right to make them.

But no matter how old I get, or mature, or wise (me, wise?) I always want to bounce stuff off other people. I listen to the voices. I listen to wise voices, old voices, media voices, ugly voices, and yes, even young voices. I try to sort the voices out. The worst ones are the voices in my head. Do, don't, give, take. Sometimes they lie to me, and when they tell the truth I often deny it.

But there is one choice that really matters and only one voice that really counts.
God asks, "Will you live the life I ask you to live?" To answer "yes" means to let go of everything I've built and planned and believed about myself.

Read more here...from another writer's perspective

The Best Question (Heather Holleman)


No comments:

Post a Comment