Deeper Sand - if you are looking for more!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Force of....a sandstorm

My journey seems to be a slow, meandering walk (even a crawl at times) that has been mostly pleasant and at a pace I've felt comfortable with. I'm wondering what it would feel like to have the "Holy Spirit's Gale" that Brother Lawrence suggested (quote below) blowing at me, picking me up in and carrying me along at a rate faster than I can comprehend? I think there are days, lately, when I'd welcome that kind of movement. My heart's voice says "C'mon God, let's get on with it!".

I cherish the thought of His love shaping me.
"The journey through the wilderness continues; notice the contours of the landscape God is leading you through. Do they match the contours of your life?
How have you been shaped by the forces of experience? Consider now how the love of God is part of that shaping experience."

"Brother Lawrence wrote, “Not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back, but those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.”
May you go now, open to the Holy Spirit’s gale blowing through your life."


From the online devotional d365 Journey to the Cross
Journey to the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment