Deeper Sand - if you are looking for more!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Picnic in the Sand

Please use the audio player (above) to reflect on the beautiful lyrics of "Remember" by Laura Story as you contemplate all that Maundy Thursday points us to.

I've just never really liked picnics at the beach because the sand gets in EVERYTHING. If the wind blows it's even in your eyes and hair. Give me food without grit.

Today is Maundy Thursday. A day of humility and great love. A day of remembering. A day of cleansing (of feet and soul) and of food with grit (His body, His blood). A day of tears and gratitude flowing together.

I know I will still be stepping in the sand after today, and even after Sunday...but I step faithfully knowing that Christ goes with me, before me and behind me. To comfort, guide and correct. And as I partake in His supper I taste the grit and remember. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment